Start early is the cardinal rule with reception planning. Avoid making rushed decisions, so your reception is all you want it to be.
Here are some helpful things to check when enquiring about venues.
- Is an outside caterer allowed or is the venue catering mandatory?
- Are table linens supplied along with cutlery, glasses or can you have your own delivered and used?
- The cost of tables, chairs, glasses and are they supplied or can you use your own?
- Is a bar service available? What is the cost?
- Sound system. Is one available or do you need to arrange?
- Seating capacity. Do you need a ballroom or small function room?
- Are they available on your wedding date?
- Are parking facilities available. Handicap parking for elderly or infirm?
- Is there a damage deposit and if so how much and what does it cover?
- How soon can the decorating begin?
- Is the use of kitchen facilities included?
- What choices of serving ware is available and is it china?
- Are any decorations prohibited?
- When would the decorations need to be removed?
- Who does the cleanup and at what cost?
- Are there any special rules or charges that apply?
- What style of service is available? Formal, cocktail or buffet?
- What is the refund policy for cancellation?
- What is the ratio of staff needed and are they available for your function?
- Ensure the layout is correct for head table and cake table.
- Are meals included for the DJ, band or photographer?
- Is there a minimum number of servings required?
Recommendations by friends, family or knowledgeable websites can guide you to your correct venue, so use the resources available to do your homework before you book.
We value your feedback so please feel free to leave a comment or review at the bottom of the page. Thank you.