Decorating the wedding “getaway” vehicle is quite easy.
The decorating of the wedding vehicle is usually left in the capable hands of the bridal party, being the groomsmen and bridesmaids.
The wedding car can be decorated in colours to suit the theme of the wedding or whatever the couple would like (you hope).
Keep in mind there will be quite a lot of photographs of the getaway vehicle so it does want to look good.
Hire car or a family member or friends vehicle, there is no difference.
Some things to remember when decorating a vehicle:
- Make sure you have permission from the owner or hire company prior to decorating
- Ensure you only use objects or materials which will not damage the paintwork or any part of the vehicle
Where to decorate:
- Side Mirrors, but ensure vision is not restricted
- Back shelf of the car
- The boot
On the inside of the vehicle usually the back shelf is decorated with tulle, ribbon and flowers.
What to decorate with (again only limited by your imagination):
- If wanting to write a slogan on the windows use a bar of soap, shaving cream or even window cling film which will not damage the windows and is easy to remove
- Flower arrangement, garland on bonnet
- Big ribbon bow on the bonnet with flowers in the centre of the bow
- Chalkboard or signage to the boot or bumper (ensure no damage to vehicle paintwork) with Just Married written on the board
- Pom Poms are popular
- Balloons floating above the vehicle will certainly grab attention and receive a few toots and waives as the couple drive away. You can also buy them with Just Married printed on the balloons. Easy to attach to door handles, bumpers and mirrors
- Cans, plastic bottles from the rear bumper bar
Do not use:
- Any form of tape
- Wire ties or metal ties
- Whipped cream can damage paintwork
- Silly putty or string
- If in doubt then do not use it, this is the easiest solution.
The vehicle can be used in wedding photography prior to decorating and again after decorating.
Please feel free to leave a comment or review at the bottom of the page. Thank you.
Are you the business owner of this listing. Claim your listing today and add additional information.