When planning your beach wedding some things need to be considered:
- It is essential that the correct beach permits and council approval are in order
- Give careful consideration to the wedding outfits for all of the bridal party. A veil and long wedding dress will get covered in sand
- Consider having a wrap on hand should it be needed
- A speaker system may be required to ensure you guests can hear the ceremony over the waves and general noise
- Check that any chairs are secured prior to people being seated
- You may consider wearing your hair up if it’s a windy day
- It always pays to have an area when people are coming off the sand that they can brush sand of their feet. Maybe supply a few soft brushes to assist.
- The sun can be glary, so ensure you have spare sunglasses for those who forget
- Most beaches are public. If you want complete privacy then consider renting a beachfront restaurant or an ocean view private estate.
- Check there are no public events happening in the near vicinity
- Have a backup plan as the weather can be unpredictable
If you are having or have had a beach wedding we would love to read your comments and thoughts, please enter them in the comments box at bottom of the page.